What is nasal obstruction?
Many people with nasal obstruction experience difficulty breathing through their nose, habitual snoring, interrupted sleep and fatigue. Nasal obstruction is often caused by anatomical blockage in the nose, hindering airflow. As a result, you may feel congested or “stuffy”. Home remedies and medications may offer temporary relief. It’s only when your nasal airway is opened that you can expect to find real, lasting relief.
Common symptoms of nasal obstruction:
Trouble breathing through your nose.
Difficulty breathing during physical exertion.
Lasting relief is possible without surgery (or incisions)
If you regularly experience difficulty breathing through your nose and nothing seems to help, you may have nasal obstruction.
Until now, finding a long-term solution often meant surgery. Now, your physician may be able to offer you lasting relief without surgery (or incisions) by performing the VivAer® procedure to open your nasal airway.
- Lasting Relief: 97% of patients experienced significant improvement in nasal breathing.*
- No Incisions: Minimal discomfort, no incisions, and can be performed in your doctor’s office.
- Live better: Clinically shown to significantly improve quality of life and provide long-lasting relief.*
The VivAer® procedure is clinically proven to provide high satisfaction and lasting relief. Patients typically return to normal daily activity the same day.
- 97% of patients experienced significant improvement in nasal breathing
- 94% of patients improved their ability to get enough air through their nose during exercise or exertion
- 89% of patients reported getting a better night’s sleep*
* Data on file Aerin Medical TR680-01
Latera® procedure improves the structure of the airway by mechanically holding the nostrils in a more open, rigid position. The FDA-approved implant is inserted just inside the nostril rim through a tiny puncture in the skin. The implant is positioned over the area in which obstruction has occurred.
How Is Latera® Absorbed?
The latex-free polylactic acid material that is used to make the Latera® implant is similar to dissolvable sutures. Over time, this material disintegrates and is absorbed into the surrounding tissue. From here, the body naturally processes the substance and eliminates it.
The dissolution of the rigid polylactic acid implant occurs over approximately 18 months. During this time, the material stimulates an increase in collagen production. As a result, the effects of having the implant will be persistent even after the implant has been absorbed.
Benefits Of Latera®
One of the primary benefits of Latera® is that the treatment can be conducted in the office under IV sedation. The procedure does not involve incisions or stitches, nor any major adjustments to the foundational structure of the nose.
No general anesthesia is needed, which means there is no downtime for recovery. Patients typically resume normal activities the next day after their Latera® implant is inserted.
How Does The Latera® Implant Improve Nasal Blockage?
Following the Latera® implant, patients experience the following results:
- Improved breathing capability through the nose.
- Decrease the sensation of congestion.
- Better quality sleep due to improved airflow.
- Better physical comfort during exercise or other types of exertion